06 Oct Metadrive now Creates workflows in Google Drive and Shared Drives
Workflows or workflow management systems organize people, tools, and processes to streamline collaborative work and increase control over its execution.
What we do in Metadrive is the normalization of each workflow, establishing the steps to follow, who has control in each of them and the tasks to be carried out. In addition to controlling each of these steps, some related tasks are also automated, such as sending alerts, informing those responsible, or moving from one step to another when the tasks of the previous ones have been completed.
How do we implement it in Metadrive?
The workflow functionality can be implemented in any document, folder, spreadsheet, etc. This is due to the integration of Metadrive with Google Drive. Thus, workflows on all files that users have access to in Google Drive can be automated in a simple way using Metadrive.
Also, thanks to the fact that Metadrive is a specialized tool for document management in Google’s cloud, the incorporation of workflows prevents the number of company documents from increasing excessively and unnecessarily by creating copies and distributing them among employees. This also usually results in a loss of control over them, without being able to identify which is the most recent document or if all the steps in the flow have been carried out.
Thus, teams can self-manage and implement their workflows, without having to involve the administrative department of the company to review each of the stages.
Advantages of automating workflows in Megadrive
The main advantages of workflow automation, related to company productivity, can be summarized in the following points:
- Easier to track and monitor workflow stages
- Saving time in the execution of these flows thanks to their automation, which leads to increased productivity and efficiency of work teams.
- Decision-making is streamlined and improved.
- The scheme that provides the automation of workflow steps allows us to avoid possible failures in the process.
- Increase internal communication.
- They facilitate the circulation of information about the processes between the different departments of the company by being able to set automatic alerts on progress and select the people to send them.
In short, the automation of workflows minimizes the problems of coordination of work within the business; saving time, money, and annoyance to the company.